School Home Page
Academic Performance Index
School Accountability Report Card
Student Learning Objectives
Site Safety Plans
District Home Page
CONGRATULATIONS to …
Alec Lepe who received the U.C. Berkeley Incentive Award! We are so proud of you!
Alec Lepe who has been selected into the prestigious Gates Millennium Scholars Program. Read Alec's article in the Monterey Herald published on 5/1/2013 at www.montereyherald.com
Now that’s amazing!
Marlene Reyna and Diana Gomez who received the PAY IT FORWARD $20,000 Scholarship! Awesome!
NSHS students Brian de Anda, Rivka Garcia, Maria Rios, Maria Hernandez, and Elias Ramirez were accepted into the new Computer Science Info Technology Program (CSIT-3 Program). In three years in the CSIT-3 program, these five students will earn a B.S. Degree in Computer Science. All five students are also receiving the Matsui Foundation Scholarship! We are proud of you!
- Disneyland Grad Nite Trip Class of 2013 - MAY 23-24, 2013
- Memorial Day Holiday - MAY 27, 2013
- Finals for Grades 9 to 11 - MAY 28 & 29, 2013
- Last Day of School/Minimum Day - MAY 30, 2013, RELEASE AT 1:02 PM
- Graduation - MAY 30, 2013, 2:00 PM, SALINAS SPORTS COMPLEX (TICKETS REQUIRED)
- FarVel Sober Graduation All Night Party - MAY 30, 2013, 10:00 PM TO 5:00 AM, VALLEY CENTER BOWL, 1081 S. MAIN ST, SALINAS
- Denny's Fundraiser - MAY 31, 2013, AFTER SOBER GRAD, 2005 N. MAIN STREET, SALINAS
- Summer School - JUNE 11, 2013 TO JULY 16, 2013
Sober Grad/Farvel is just around the corner. All seniors are invited to attend Sober Grad, even seniors who will not be attending the graduation ceremony. Tickets are $55 in advance. Tickets at the door will be $65, so make sure you buy your ticket early for the discount. You can also win a Scion in the Scion Giveaway. Click here for details.
Seniors, you can also invite a guest for the same price! We will be selling tickets at NSHS on Thursday, May 23rd at lunch, Tuesday, May 28th from 8:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., and Wednesday, May 29th from 9:00 a.m. to1:00 p.m. Questions? Please call Norma Fragoso, Farvel/Sober Grad President, at 443-5526. Congratulations, be safe and have fun!
Eat at Denny's located at 2005 N. Main Street on May 31, 2013 and Denny's will donate 10% to the North Salinas High Farvel/Sober Grad. Thank you for your support! Please present flyer when you go.....CLICK HERE FOR A FLYER!
CULMINATING ACTIVITIES PACKET FOR THE CLASS OF 2013
Viking Parents: This packet gives you the information you will need to know about graduation...what will be happening, when, and where. Be sure to read this packet carefully and refer to it often. If you have any questions, please call Mrs. Noroian, Student Activities Director, at 796-7540 or e-mail her at email@example.com
The Sober Grad Committee needs your help. Click here to find out how you can help!
QUICK LINK FOR THEATRE WEBSITE: www.nshstheatre.com
COMPUTER LAB - QUICK LINK
Click here https://sites.google.com/site/nshslab/ to sign up for the computer lab. The link includes the lab request form as well as the calendar for the lab in room 403. Any questions, please contact Gerald Junsay at firstname.lastname@example.org
YouTube - CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO OF OUR NSHS STUDENTS!
SALINAS UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT CALENDAR
Click on this link to view or print a 2012-2013 school calendar. The 2012-2013 school year begins Wednesday, August 8, 2012! Hace clic en este vínculo para un calendario escolar en español.
THE HOME ACCESS CENTER
Parents you can view your child's grades, class assignments, homework, etc., by clicking on this link Home Access Center website on your home computer. To view or print a copy of the instructions, please click on Home Access Center Instructions for Parents.
EL CENTRO DE ACCESO DESDE SU CASA ESTÁ LISTO PARA SU USO
Ustedes, padres de familia, podrán tener acceso a las calificaciones, las tareas, la asistencia escolar de sus hijos, etc., desde sus hogares en su computadora personal. Ustedes bien fácil podrán entrar al sitio web al hacerle clic en este vínculo de, Home Access Center! Para las instrucciones, clic en este vínculo de Centro de Acceso desde su Casa Instrucciones para los Padres.
Title I Parent Survey
Título 1 Encuesta para los Padres
- Please click on the links below for SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNTIES:
The Kunnas Family with the Reunion Committee for NSHS Classes 1988/89/90 is offering a scholarship in loving memory of NSHS's Derrell Kunnas, former Student Activities Director, Assistant Principal, and Principal. Applicants must be graduating from NSHS on May 30, have participated in Leadership, a sport, or a club for at least one year; have at least a 3.0 GPA; and have decided to go into education. Deadline is May 15. Please see Mrs. Birkeland in room 805 for an application.
- Seniors going to a CSU. Are you wondering what to do about the ELM and EPT Requirement? Do you know what those tests are for? How to get tested? You may need one or both of those placement tests before you enroll at your university. Come to the counseling office and get a hand out on what to do about both tests. Do not wait until it is too late!
- Seniors are you ready for the CSU? Be prepared! There is an early start program that you can get involved with, see Mrs. Becerra in the counseling office.
- Seniors, do you plan to attend college and your parents work for a grape vineyard or did they last year? If so, you may qualify for a scholarship worth $2,000 to $8,000. See Mrs. Becerra, Secretary, for an application in the counseling office.
In addition to the General District Dress Code described in the Student Requirements of the Handbook, the following dress code will be enforced at North Salinas High School during the 2013-14 school year.
The following are NOT permitted at NSHS:
- Hats, visors, beanies, stocking caps, bandannas, handkerchiefs, and berets. If a student obtains a waiver to wear a hat, the hat or head wear must be school related and may be purchased from the student store.
- Solid red, blue, grey, black, or white short or long sleeved shirt.
- Solid red or blue belts. All belt buckles must be plain.
- Any item of clothing that is labeled with either a name or logo of any college or professional athletic team. Exceptions will be made for special college theme days.
- Lanyards that are solid red or blue or labeled with either a name or logo of any college or professional athletic team.
- Strapless shirts, shirts with bare midriff showing, shirts with straps less one inch wide.
- Shorts or skirts shorter than mid-thigh.
- Excessively torn/see through/ragged pants, shorts, skirts, or shirts.
- Any clothing that exhibits profanity, obscenity, or illegal activity; is vulgar or sexually suggestive; or promotes the use of alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs.
- Clothing that references Area Codes, North/South/East/West graphics, Cal/Cali/NorCal/SoCal/CenCal (etc)., 187, California Flag/Map, Star/Bear, Cali or other slogans that are associated with disruptive groups or gangs.
- Solid red or blue shoes or shoelaces.
Please note that School Administration determines the appropriateness of school attire. Please dress for success and promote a positive learning environment. If you have any questions, please contact Assistant Principal John McKenzie at (831) 796-7517 or by email at email@example.com.